Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island















































Tuesday, January 25, 2011 my sister Eileen and I drove from the Moncton airport to Charlottetown. The staff at PEI parks only flooded the ice on the 24th as they had been waiting for some consistent cold weather to freeze the water. Founders Hall was not yet open but it was accessible. It was very cold, but in the lee of the buildings it was fine. The ice was still rough and I found myself very unsteady and my sister wasn't much help, but she did manage to get some photos for me. The ice was probably just perfect for opening day on the 29th.



Founders Hall is down on the water and the rink is a beautiful large circle with a visitor building on the edge which provided a nice windbreak. The Legislature is just up the street. Since the rink was not officially open we had the ice to ourselves and thankfully there were no witnesses to our seriously flawed manoevures.


I thought I should put in a few photos of the Confederation building, since it is more reminiscent of Charlottetown unlike the new Founder's Hall.



We didn't stay long as we wanted to avoid driving in the night.



Onward to Fredericton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment