Monday, November 16, 2009

Well, I am finally underway with my skating venture. I have my ticket to Edmonton and Victoria for December 2, 3 and 4, 2009. I have learned that Butchart Gardens will have an artificial outdoor rink open December 1 to January 6, so I will start there. Since I am that far west I will incorporate Edmonton into this trip. It is likely that they will have their outdoor rinks open and there will be a few near the Parliament Buildings. The Edmonton Mall has a year round skating rink, so either way I will be skating there. City Staff in Regina have advised me that their outdoor rinks did not open unitl December 12, 2008, so I cannot plan on going there just yet. Hopefully I can do Winnipeg and Regina in one trip in January. Quebec and Ottawa are relatively easy to get to so I will fit them in somehow. So far, my sister Carole has agreed to meet me in Edmonton and my friend's Mom is meeting me in Victoria. So.. I'm off and I will keep you posted. Thanks for coming along on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB PATTY!! WILL BE WATCHING IN EARNEST!! SEE YOU IN N.B.

    RILEEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful to see someone taking charge of this crippling disease. You are proof that we can't just sit back and hope things will change. Good MOVE!! I'll be watching. See you in Quebec.

    Justin

    ReplyDelete